Strap yourself in, June 21st has a load of action movies ready to go upside your head!
Don’t worry, there’s some comedy, romance and a family selection for the rest of you.
- The Adjustment Bureau – Every so often we get a Philip K. Dick adaptation. Sometimes they’re excellent, sometimes they are far from it. In this one, Matt Damon has seen the future and he wants to do something about it. The trouble is, the Adjustment Bureau wants to make sure everything goes according to plan. Can our hero stop the future from happening?
- Cedar Rapids – Apparently, there is fun to be had at conventions for insurance salesmen. Well, that’s what Tim (Ed Helms) learns from a few veteran convention-goers. Look out for John C. Reilly and his wacky antics.
- Unknown – Liam Neeson is back as a man who loses both his memory and his identity after a car accident. He must go to extreme measures to get his life back. In a lot of ways, this is a sibling, of sorts, to the wildly popular ‘Taken.’
- The Eagle – It’s the Romans versus the English in this fictional historical epic. Channing Tatum plays a Roman soldier who must recover a stolen metal Eagle which is important to his family. Mark Strong is also stomping around, causing trouble.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules – Based on the childrens’ book, this story shows us just how hard it is to grow up. If you’re over the age of twelve, it’s unlikely you will think that this film ‘rules,’ however.
- Happythankyoumoreplease – A romantic comedy-drama about six New Yorkers. Josh Radnor directs and stars in this. Malin Akerman, Tony Hale and Kate Mara also share the acting workload.
Each and every one of these movies will be available to rent/purchase in Allentown, the Lehigh Valley and beyond.